Friday, November 20, 2020

eat those words sunny jim...

 it is said a roman general would not go into  battle if he happened to stub a toe or break a sandal on that day. Today I had made up my mind to go to town just for a ride.

I should have known not to go to town today when  the bus was late and it stopped at every stop along the way so the time in Masterton was very limited.

Then I lost my wallet when I was on the bus going home and had to jump off and shuffle back up Queen street with the athritis in my hips protesting at every step.

Lo and behold it was lying in the middle of the road after a quarter an hour.

Its and ill wind that blows no one any good and I had to hitch hike home.

I stood there for an hour outside pak 'n save while a million sovereign consumers drove past with their noses in the air. you know you are not a real keewee if you dont own your own car.

Finally a ute pulled up and a woman said jump in and the driver was Ron Mark.

well I dished it out over the recent campaign and he would have been perfectly within his rights to give me the finger.

However I will be eternally grateful and will never say a wrong word against him ever again for being a gentleman and giving when he did not have to.



No comments:

now for something completely different...