Saturday, August 5, 2023

ain't no more cane on the brazos...


 famous chain gang song

done by the band and one version by lonnie donnegan without histrionics.

nice

lonnie also does the same song with different verses under 'go down hannah'

today has been a lonnie donnegan louvin brothers day.

and today I found the cheap harp I bought in E to comp with nero my god to thee.

how about that?


 today decided that the psoriasis lesions were sufficiently healed to let me play 'bluey'.

when forty years of hard earned callusses fall off the end of your fingertips leaving raw flesh behind it is a wake up call

my fingertips still very soft and somehow the will to play wasn't there. hopefully it will come back. did manage a few chorusses of ragtime annie and the girl I left behind me. that will have to do for the moment and also have red haired boy on the back burner.

have decided to ditch the wind that shakes the barley and the rakes of mallow. anarchistic and anti-authority. too old for that stuff now.

ooh ooh ooh oo ooh

it's all been ground down to molasses

ooh ooh ooh a oo ooooh...

No comments:

now for something completely different...