Monday, September 15, 2014

big boss man...











Found a double Jimmy Reed CD in the Carterton Family Store this morning.
sometimes I feel guilty that I should leave it for some other kid wannabee guitarist to discover and begin the great blues journey but desire for possession won out even though I have most of the trax on other albums.
They will get it all when I die so they can wait.
there was also a Sonny Boy Williamason CD but I'm all topped up on him and it made me feel good to leave it instead of doing the grab everything because there is never enough to go round trick.
hmmmmmmmmm.
anyway Jimmy Reed was a great stylist who influenced all the British blues tyros back in the early 60's and Keith Richards does a neat thumbnail sketch of his method in his unauthorised autobiography LIFE where he details how Jimmy had some nifty little tricks to cut down on finger movement but still provide the essential harmony.
go kids.   

No comments:

now for something completely different...