Wednesday, December 4, 2013

thats the way it was in 67...



Oh Rosie...Oh Yeah!





Big retro night last night.
Dragged out the DVD player and watched The Mamas and the Papas, A Fistful of Dollars, and listened to Led Zeppelin.
all in all a groovy little experience.
LZ 1 is the most musical of all their LP's and after reading a couple of interviews with Jimmy Page recently I realised I didn't have it in my collection so I went and splashed out.
Well worth it.
Take me back, take me back, take me back down to gasoline alley where I was born!
Yes.
Clint was great. I had forgotten how good this little flick was too. A bit stilted but enough action and drama to carry it all off with excellent aplomb.
And the Mamas and Papas.
It was just so good to hear those wonderful harmonies again.
I had a go at learning Make Your Own Kind Of Music a while ago and now I want to finish it.
Just glorious.
Apart from that it is the silly season.
The potential coalition partners for the Nat's in the next general election doesn't believe in the moon landing and the local import for the sports pages has just bagged our national cricket team.
He may be right but hey we are winning so far and we may not be the best team or have the most technically proficient team but we do our best and that's good enough for me.

No comments:

now for something completely different...