Tuesday, May 9, 2017

oh oh but I want to know, where does the time go....

In the library waiting for my laptop to download 131 updates.
????
I only use it for music and keep up the anti virus but a pal loaned me a big heap of Jimi Hendrix and while it was doing its thing I was deluged with all these updates that never had the time before.
I suppose its all for the best.

Went up to Masterton yesterday.
Had to think about the Wairarapa and the future.
My future is running down.
Do ya wanna live forever?
sure I do but it is not going to happen.
Most people look at the world and think it has always been thus but no it has not and the pace of acceleration is speeding up.
The whole world has turned into one big techno-environment from which there is no escape anywhere.
Everywhere the environment is being degraded so people can have more toys.
erkkkkkkkk.
The question is do I want to do anything that will make it worse.
It is not hard to look at the closed loop Wairarapa and see past the parochialism and insularity to see what needs to be done but is it worth it just for a temporary short term gain?
The series of BERL reports which are really just addenda to the World Bank Report of 1968 clearly illustrate just how the local economy operates and how much extra inputs would add to the commerce of the region.
To actually do anything requires beating your brains out against indifference, stupidity, cupidity and the entrenched position of people who see any change as a diminution of their power and bailiwick.
so where does that leave the caring individual at the beginning of the 21st century.
?????



"Uncle John's Band"

Well the first days are the hardest days, don't you worry any more,
'Cause when life looks like Easy Street, there is danger at your door.
Think this through with me, let me know your mind,
Wo, oh, what I want to know, is are you kind?

It's a buck dancer's choice my friend; better take my advice.
You know all the rules by now and the fire from the ice.
Will you come with me? Won't you come with me?
Wo, oh, what I want to know, will you come with me?

Goddamn, well I declare, have you seen the like?
Their wall are built of cannonballs, their motto is "Don't tread on me".
Come hear Uncle John'n Band playing to the tide,
Come with me, or go alone, he's come to take his children home.

It's the same story the crow told me; it's the only one he knows.
Like the morning sun you come and like the wind you go.
Ain't no time to hate, barely time to wait,
Wo, oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?

I live in a silver mine and I call it Beggar's Tomb;
I got me a violin and I beg you call the tune,
anybody's choice, I can hear your voice.
Wo, oh, what I want to know, how does the song go?

Come hear Uncle John's Band by the riverside,
Got some things to talk about, here beside the rising tide.

Come hear Uncle John's Band playing to the tide,
Come on along, or go alone, he's come to take his children home.
Wo, oh, what I want to know, how does the song go.

No comments:

now for something completely different...