Wednesday, August 8, 2018

25 Old Tyme Fiddle Hits. Impassioned plea to K-tel...

many years ago I played in an inchoate Bluegrass band.
the boys got restless after about six months and all went to town and traded everything in for electic geetars and basses and all the rest.
I did too later onbut that is another story.
in the mean time I kept up the banjo and learned as many old time tunes as I could.
something in the music really appealed to my ear and musical sensibilities.
No 1 was the the string band project but later on I found the K-Tel vinyl disc of 25 old tyme fiddle hits.
Who knows what market they were appealing to at that time when it was released but it is a very nifty compilation of appalachian fiddle music and other ethnic styles that I personally find very relaxing and wonderful saturday morning music.
One day I became exercised at waht would happen when I wore my copy out so I  chased one down on Amazon but when I got it was pretty knackered.
My great plea is that K-tel would re release this fine album on cd.
and  "Advertise it on TV" and open up a whole new market!
And ELEKTRA could do the world a favour and release this one on CD too!

No comments:

now for something completely different...