Friday, March 12, 2021

balmy old day...

 low overcast.

no wind  or precipitation.

mild. just right.


got up late and went down town for supplies.

nothing at the sallies or vinnies and to the library. read the two minute silence and realised it was Fridays and I had missed the Jenny Henson estate sale at Saint Marks.

still I decided to walk down to the church and see if anything was left.

I go to the midweek service where Jenny used to alternate with Maggie Smith and as I recall Jenny was one of those people totally pure of heart and spirit and generous and giving.

Her passing and the manner of it was a real tragedy for her family and the community. people like her dont come along every day.

anyway I scanned the books and  came away with the Readers Digest Atlas of the Bible and The Wonder Book Of Bible Stories with 33 coloured illustrations.

I am sure we had this book when I was a kid but it really gladdened my heart. sometimes I find it hard to actually read the bible. That's why I go to church to listen to someone else tell me about it. These bible stories are easy to read and understand and make me happy and remind me of my christian duty.

I am not a bible scholar but I need to hear the truths.
Had to laugh at Victor Maimudes relating his trip to the wailing wall with Bob Dylan late at night. Nearby they call hear yelling and screaming and they found out it was orthodox Jews arguing about the meaning of the bible. hmmmmmmm.
If they haven't got it right by now then what hope is there for us when theologasters like mckriskie of Family First NZ attempt to impose their paltry view of morality on the rest of us. They are not really christians but crypto jews who would love to make rules for everyone. hmmmmmmm.

so there are still plenty of acorns on the ground at Carrington Park and the grounds of Saint Marks. so moms take your kids and get some bags full and take the kids for a walk and do a Johnny Appleseed and replant the earth.
hehehehehe.


No comments:

now for something completely different...