Friday, January 27, 2023

astrophysics and more...




In John Steinbecks classic sequel to Sweet Thursday, Cannery Row one of the characters, Hazel,  is eligible for the GI Bill and he ticks the first box: Astrophysics. hehehehehe.

I have always wanted to be an astrophysicist too but lack of mathematics and other things that got in the way prevented me taking that course. I have just recieved a survey about attitudes in NZ and yes astrophysics is one of the things I feel I may have been good at (larfs).

However it is possible to follow the main thrust of astronomy and astrophysics in books written by experts for laymen.

Paul Murdins book is a cracker. It leaves one feeling a little inconsequential in the grand scheme of things but one must give thanks just for being here.





No comments:

now for something completely different...