Sunday, December 3, 2023

joseph conrad...


  Happy birthday to Joseph Conrad (1857-1924), the Polish-British novelist and short story writer who is regarded as one of the greatest writers in the English language. His works include the novels Lord Jim (1900), Nostromo (1904), and most notably the novella Heart of Darkness (1902).

👇
"Being a woman is a terribly difficult trade since it consists principally of dealings with men."
"It's only those who do nothing that make no mistakes, I suppose."
"We live as we dream -- alone..."
"It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."
"My task, which I am trying to achieve is, by the power of the written word, to make you hear, to make you feel -- it is, before all, to make you see."

No comments:

now for something completely different...