Sunday, September 10, 2017

doc watson & son...





I first heard Doc Watson and Son nearly 40 years ago now and I was captivated then and the spell has remained.
It wasn't till I started to learn how to play that I realised just how much of a virtuoso Doc was and that I would probably never match his skill [and i never did} but his singing was equally beautiful.
A lovely warm tenor filled with expression and the life that has been lived.
It was a tragedy when Merle was taken by a farm accident when his tractor rolled on him but the record shows that father and son were an incomparable team that will probably never be bettered.
It may be that Doc's msuic is receeding into the mists of time and he was never recognised in this country anyway as far as I can ascertain but among the cognoscenti of guitar music his name will live forever.

No comments:

now for something completely different...