Sunday, July 19, 2020

down in the boondocks...

 Only came back to the Wairarapa because my mother needed care in her final years and my sisiter had grown tired and I had to do my duty.
My mother was a clergymans daughter and she had the same job for  nearly thirty years.
she employed everyone who came to the factory where she worked who needed a job.
she knew everybody and had an an unerring insight into human character.
Now nearly twenty years after she passed I am still here and closing in on my journey.
I dont mind.
Masterton was  beautiful when I was a kid.
Our house back on to the railway lines and over there were fields and down the track was the river where we poached trout and hooned around.
later I spent many days at Hood aerodrome where I would get the occasional ride in a Cessna 180 or the first Fu24 with dual controls and two front seats and best of all the Beaver with Colin Thorne.
You could feel an aeroplane thrill to his commands. Amazing. They responded like living things!
anyway my dear old mum was pretty combative when she got fired up and she should have been in politics herself.
The thing is I saw all the sooners and wouldbe's and other hangers on come and go and realised much later they were only passing through and after anything they could get.
as they were semi sophisticates {HAHAHAA} they managed to pull the wool over the localbody authorities before they escaped with their booty.
they were never there for the town or the Wairarapa.
only for themselves.
anyway the latest plan is to seal the runway at Hood and get a regular air service.
this has been tried many times and is up there with a vehicle tunnel through the Rimutakas when it comes to chasing votes with pie in the sky.
At the moment the local mayors are having a BIG IDEA competition with a jar in all the libraries for submissions.
another hahahahahaha.
In my peripatetic travels I did manage to scrape up a degree in economic history and business history.
that means bugger all.
they wouldn't know a big idea if it fell out of the sky and landed on them
they want it all for nothing as per usual.
well if they want it from me they will have to pay.
I am a professional.
I haven't been sitting around twiddling my thumbs.
I know one way of creating something but pay if you want to play.
dig?
I put several proposals to various people here who have either fucked it up completely or done the usual thing and got what they wanted before they decamped
hehehehe.
never again.

No comments:

now for something completely different...