Sunday, May 15, 2022

jimmy webb church...


 During an interview for Mojo Magazine's October 2017 issue, Jimmy was asked "Do you remember the moment it struck you that music could be your life?"

His response was, "When I was 12 or 13 years of age, we were living in Oklahoma City. I had literally lived in George Lucas towns, American Graffiti towns, and everybody knew everybody, and I played piano in the church, and had gained considerable expertise as a pianist by the time I was 12.
And I even did evangelical stuff with my father; I went out on the road with him, and it was like...an act. The church really was my first tste of show business, and I made a direct correlation between how well we were doing on-stage, and the amount of money that piled up on the offering plate. You could see the results of your efforts immediately."
This photo was taken in July 2017 in Beverly Hills at the First Baptist Church.

No comments:

now for something completely different...