Thursday, July 27, 2023

muhammad ali speaks...


'When you saw me in the boxing ring fighting, it wasn't just so I could beat my opponent. My fighting had a purpose. I had to be successful in order get people to listen to the things I had to say. I was fighting to win the world heavyweight title so I could go out in the streets and speak my mind. I wanted to go to the people, where unemployment, drugs, and poverty were part of everyday life. I wanted to be a champion who was accessible to everyone. I hoped to inspire others to take control of their lives and to live with pride and self-determination. I thought perhaps if they saw that I was living my life the way I chose to live it - without fear and with determination - they might dare to take the risks that could set them free.'
- Muhammad

Ali

No comments:

now for something completely different...