Friday, September 22, 2023

thank you for the ride...


 sometimes you have to know when to give up.

when it is over.
I set out to learn to play th guitar at an advanced age and against all the odds I have managed toachieve some mastery of the instrument.
I t has brought me great joy as I slowly learned to unlock something inside myself.
I am not a fast twith muscle person.
There were many frustrations and many guitars.
Finally learned rhyrhm off Maori Charlie who later ate homself to death whena legacy came through.
Now Charlie could play an out of tune guitar and sing Samoan better than any samoan. He had it. Showed me how to play his version of wonderful world and everybody loves somebody sometime  and that was that as we parted ways.
rip
It was hard work.
Aiming high demands that you give it everything.
I took three years off to study philosophy at the uni and listen to mike bloomfield missing all the social cues  I possibly could.
BB KIng said they would always take a new guitarist when they had to as long as he could count. That is twelve bars. No count no job.
John Lennon said he had blisters on his fingers.
Think I have them on my ears.
Forty two years of listening to the absolute best rock and roll, country and blues and training my ear has  finally found the pitch.
now I need a rest.

No comments:

now for something completely different...