Monday, May 30, 2016

let the little girl dance...

senior moment.
cant remember Manuels surname.
He was the singer for Melvin and the Signatures.
hehehehehehe.
They were good.
Their two big numbers were Billy Blands Let the LIttle Girl Dance and Ben E. Kings Ecstasy.
Made the girls swoon and they used to go Manuel labour tee hee.
Found both of them the other day on some obscure cd's I picked up for a song and sure went into ecstasy.
Great Stuff.
good chords and rhythm.
There are no old Cartertonians in the Library these days so no one could tell me his name!
Thats why the big emphasis on the Stanley Brothers who did a mighty song called Rank Strangers.
definiteley the music of our time.
Way way back in the 40's 50;s and 60's every song was different and now they all sound the same!
wtf?

and way way way back when I was over 30 with no ears I decided to learn to play the guitar.
dum dum dum.
I started learning out of a book and as JOhn LeeHooker said you cant learn this stuff out of a book.
he was right but I did pick up a few picks that I discarded when my ears came right and I could hear the music and found the time to think on my feet.
I broke out this Sonny Terry and Brownie McGee cd last night and there was a nifty tune in the key of G and somehow my fingers started playing this pick I learned nearly 30 years ago and it went gangbusters.
cool!







No comments:

now for something completely different...