Thursday, November 22, 2018

the sheik of scrubby creek...





going through the boxes today looking for the 5cd pack "Country Complete".
yeah right.
dont think 5 cd's quite covers it but anyway the track I wanted was the fab version of Banks Of The Ohio by the exquisite Olivia Newton John.
Top vocals and a really amazing rhythm guitar underpinning the whole thing.
It sounds simple but you try it!
Anyway the compilation was an Australian job with cd no 5 contaning the said track plus selections from Chad Morgan, the sheik from scrubby creek.
Took me back to the time I was heading off to Nepal on the hippy trail and I was hitchiking across the G.A.F.A. [airline pilots slang]  to Darwin.
On the way I kept leapfrogging Slim Dustys travelling show!
Everywhere you went was a poster which featuered Chad on the bill.
In those days he was wearing a mop for  hairdo!
As a dyed in the wool hippy I thought that stuff was below me but I am very sorry to say now that I missed the show.
By the time I got to DARWIN  they had been and gone.
Later in life when I came to my senses I found that I really enjoyed Slim Dustys music and Chad.
hehehehehe.  
And Olivia will always be pretty cool in my book.

No comments:

now for something completely different...