Thursday, February 17, 2022

bob dylan bring you back to life...


 “I study Sanskrit and Arabic to improve my mind

I wanna do things for the benefit of all mankind
I say to the willow tree, "Don't weep for me"
I'm saying, "To hell to all things that I used to be"
Well, I get into trouble, then I hit the wall
No place to turn, no place at all
I'll pick a number between a-one and two
And I ask myself, "What would Julius Caesar do?"
I will bring someone to life in more ways than one
Don't matter how long it takes
It'll be done when it's done
I'm gonna make you play the piano like Leon Russell
Like Liberace, like St. John the Apostle
I'll play every number that I can play
I'll see you, maybe, on Judgment Day
After midnight, if you still wanna meet
I'll be at the Black Horse Tavern on Armageddon Street
Two doors down, not that far a walk
I'll hear your footsteps, you won't have to knock
I'll bring someone to life, balance the scales
I'm not gonna get involved in any insignificant details
You can bring it to St. Peter
You can bring it to Jerome
You can bring it all the way over
Bring it all the way home
Bring it to the corner where the children play
You can bring it to me on a silver tray
I'll bring someone to life, spare no expense
Do it with decency and common sense
Can you tell me what it means, to be or not to be?
You won't get away with fooling me
Can you help me walk that moonlight mile?
Can you give me the blessings of your smile?
I'll bring someone to life, use all of my powers
Do it in the dark, in the wee, small hours.”

No comments:

now for something completely different...