Thursday, July 28, 2022

the last CD...


 waiting for this to arrive.

the last note for note fiddle tune I learned was Ragtime Annie. It gave me an ear worm when I first heard it nearly fifty years ago on the String Band Project tape that I wore out before I actually learned how to play. It went into my memory and lay dormant till I heard this girl who used to play the fiddle in Masterton cbd. I aske her what this tune was that niggled at me every time I heard it. Then I found a tab transcription in Happy Traum's Flat-Pick Country Guitar. Rapture. First I memorised the music then kept going back to it till it flowed  and I got the lilt.

anyway the  point is that Hot Rocks is the only CD with the Stones version of Poison Ivy on it. Before that it was only availlable on a 45rpm EP. I may be wrong about that but hey.


I could have learned this song off any number of ogther versions but like many other Stones covers their version is best!

and I will learn this because I can sing it and then I reckon I will be done.




No comments:

now for something completely different...