Friday, June 13, 2014

Gods little acre...




Reading the Virgin encyclopedia of 60's music whilst eating my porridge this morning when I lighted on Elmer Bernstein and the Byrds at random. Mr Bernstein was the great western movie composer but he did them all including  Gods Little Acre which was one of those books from the 50's that were considered "HOT" but are relatively tame now but still a good read.  
Ditto Peyton Place. Its power was defused by the TV series but the book is a little cracker with one of the best depictions of alcoholism I have ever read anywhere. A treat.
Went out to the Baptist Market and scored the dvd of Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas plus The Complete Series of Band of Brothers and advd of the Fifth Element. I have a vhs but I know someone about 11yo who will really like the dvd.
So there ya go.
Its warm and sunny but cold in exposed places.
Moral: dont expose your places!
teehee
On my way home I ran into R. who has just been in the hospital for three weeks. He was gardening and got a prick under a nail from a rose bush and the next day he was fighting for his life with septicaemia.
Stuff you gotta watch all right.
Now the Byrds going flat out on I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better.
me too.
?


Hey Mr Tambourine Man



No comments:

now for something completely different...