Wednesday, June 16, 2021

we will never forget...

Grey old day today.

No rain but cooling off now.

Early wake up from the builders next door. They are adding on to the annex and building a dementia unit. aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggh.

We or at least some of us call our block of units "The Waiting Room". Hyuckkk.

I know what I am going to do when my time gets near. Am not going to sit in a chair with my tongue hanging out and my mind on its way to the astral plane. (larfs) .

Have to go to town tomorrow so I am waiting for the weather on the news to see If I could do my washing tonight and hang it out tomorrow morning before I get picked up.

Bit of a sloth lately but coming right I hope. Major medical events at late stage of life take more than the usual bounceback. 

Have been listening to a cd I made of the Electric Flag doing a mighty version of Going Down Slow and Folk Singer  by Muddy Waters.

A heady brew and hopefully I get some of it imprinted for when I pick up my guitar again.

I knew I was getting sick somehow and I tried to cram as much playing in as I could but as Neil Young said I wore out the music and it stopped talking to me!

You have to watch that.

I think I am going to write a story about my illness. Crazy stuff but at some point you have to hand yourself over to the medics and let them do their thing. When you are a loner and used to doing everything yourself if is hard to let others do for you even in extremis.

I must say the staff at Masterton Hospital were wonderful and all did their level best in what was to my mind a crowded situation and in a building that was not built to last. Like it was almost tacky. hmmmm.

And far too many jutting corners and angles. Designed by people who were more concerned with architecture and detailing and the form and function secondary!

yep.

that's all for now and seeya later.



No comments:

now for something completely different...