Monday, April 15, 2013

one toke over the line....





so the thing is that what needs to happen now is a great preparation for next summer where the whole can nation can look inside itself instead of indulging itself in an orgy of
consumerised infantile distractionism.
let it all hang out.
academics
lawyers
politicians
musos
summer of looooove all over again
not quite but lets work out some sort of programme instead of thsi blind seeking after a rip to makkooo pikko to complete myself

Oh Mommy by Brewer & Shipley




Intro: *B
-0-1-2-\(beats each) G(8)C(8)D(8)G(5) *D
-0-2-4

*G
-0-2-3-/ *strings & frets to pick

G C G

Oh Mommy I ain’t no commie

G A D

I’m just doin’ all I can to do the good old American way

C

It says right there in the Constitution

G E7

It’s really A-OK to have a revolution

A

When the leaders that you choose

D (rest)

Really don’t fit the shoes



G C G

Oh mister I ain’t no sister

G

I believe in the Bill of Rights

A D

C’mon don’t you start a fight please

C G E7

I like to wear my hair long; can there be anything wrong

A

When you’ve already accused me twice

D (rest)

Of lookin’ like Jesus Christ, hallelujah



Instrumental: G(8)C(4) G(4) E7(4) A(4) D(8)

[ Tab from: http://www.guitaretab.com/b/brewer-and-shipley/102351.html ]

C

I’m only getting’ tired of playin’ Punch & Judy

G E7

I’ve really half a mind to go and do my duty

A

Like Mr. Patrick Henry said

D (rest)

I got to be free or dead



G C G

Mr. Nixon I ain’t a-fixin’

G A D

To speak Spanish on a plane or polish off the Liberty Bell

C

I just wanna sit here on the shelf

G E7

And watch you finish things off by yourself

A

Please let me do what I wanna

D (rest)

I’ll just lay around the house and smoke marijuana – ooohhh



Instrumental: G(8)C(4) G(4) E7(4) A(4) D(8)



C

It says right there in the Constitution

G E7

It’s really A-OK to have a revolution

A

When the leaders that you made

D (rest)

Just don’t make the grade



G E7 C A7

Oh mommy I ain’t no commie

C

Well I hate to bust your bubble

D

Cause there’s gonna be some trouble

G CDG CG

Soon



Pedal steel guitar courtesy of the late great Jerry Garcia



Tabbed by Tom his ownself. Questions? Comments? Try tommur@gmail.com



Send "Oh Mommy" Ringtone to your Cell



Related for Oh Mommy tab

■Brewer And Shipley - Shake Off Your Demons chords

■Brewer And Shipley - Seems

No comments:

now for something completely different...