Sunday, August 10, 2014

in without knocking...







Bill Pickett




John Wesley Powell






Good weekend.
Weather beautiful and some really good stuff at the Greytown Library sale of old books on Saturday.
Have to mention RNZ announcer last night pronouncing library as lyberry?
Its no good the litterateurs and the other arty fartys going on about editing books properly when Radio New Zealand seems to have no editor and no style manual whatsoever.
Its all post modern Rafferty's rules these days.
Only your own truths count.
Yeah right.
We all got free will now.
No wonder its all random and chaotic and incoherent!
Lots of Western goodies from the sale.
Einstein for dummies. Thats me. tee hee.
Watched Star Trek IV several times and when I was waiting for the bus this morning I got "Flight Of The Navigator" at the vid store on golden oldy day.
Then I had to run for it.

Have been re-reading Juliet Mitchell in the mornings when I wake up early.
She is brilliant and she skewers myth after myth in her search to reveal the truth about how and what people think about.
For every effect there is a cause.
she  undoes the  the feminists figges, shulasmith firestone, freidan for their wishful thinking and their anger at being ugly women and she gets into Wilhelm Reich   and r.d. laing for their speculations masquerading as scientific explanation.
Laing came to NZ once and was invited to an artistic and social household for a dinner but had to leave early when he realised how mad they all were.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
ya get that.

Cuzzy came round on Saturday night.
He wants me to vote for Winnie.
He keeps the turkeys honest but thats about all.
For the first time since I attained my majority I will have a null vote.
I cant be bothered with any of them.
John Key was on the radio whingeing about the labour party this morning and the Labour Party Itself no longer seems to represent the working people.
They just seem to be careerists who have long ago abandoned the struggle for the rights of the working man and instead just try and bribe them every three years so they can obtain a good billet.
its all so crummy
and Winnie goes on about foreign money but when every second rugged individual in New Zealand is up to their eyeballs in debt to finance nonsensical wanderings about the planet to live their fucking Dreeeeeeeeeeem then his protestations dont make much sense.
New Zealanders don't like each other much  so they spend all their money going somewhere else.
The oinly skill they seem to have in their own homes is flicking a remote.
Its crazy man crazy.
hehehehehehehehe.
I just wanna go home and read a book.
If I lived in Coromandel I would be building a little boat or digging for gold.
Not getting in hock up to my eyeballs so I could bring back a whole lot of images on my cell phone to flash in front of the stay at homes.
hey wow!!!!!!!!!
lookit that willya.

No comments:

now for something completely different...