Wednesday, September 9, 2015

we are climbing jacobs ladder...

















Had a good yarn with my new neighbour yesterday. On his wall he has photos of a Harvard and a corsair and two RNZAF squadron badges.
I thought he was just an enthusiast but he told me he flew Corsairs in WW11.
Yikes.
The real deal!
He said they were sluggish but could carry the load when it came to attacking shipping.
boooooooom.
The only time he saw a zero was when they were doing supply dropping in a c47 and nearly got the chop.
bugger.
He said he couldn't be bothered flying after the war as it cost too much and he didn't really like civilians and when the Korean war was on he re-enlisted in the army and joined the artillery!
What a cool old guy.
Well older than me if ya know what I mean.

I made a suggestion and our choir is going to learn Climbing Jacobs Ladder.
YouTube the New Orleans University Glee Club for their 1927 version if yo want a truly uplifting experience.

Am trying to learn how to cross harp the blues harmonica.
Its all suck and then you end up with lungs full of air that must be released before the next note.
I am told that if you do it long enough then it will come automatically.
You get the best effects with the draw so I am persisting with whats left of my alveoli!
I started off leaning straight harp where you just play the melody but as well as the boogie exercises I have a playlist of Blues in the key of G which includes a raft of early Rolling Stones stuff.
Mick Jagger could really play it dudes.
Anyway I have got the melody for under assistant west coast promo man under my belt which is a combination riff. melody rhythm scorcher.
Tres cool.
Same riff as the original Fleetwood Macs MY Heart Beat Like A Hammer but that is in E so there ya go.
Happy Trails .

No comments:

now for something completely different...