Sunday, June 21, 2020

1/2 tone explorations...



basically I am lazy and resist change but last night I did the unexpected and tune down a semitone.
when I began to play the guitar I wanted to play the songs I like.
not fade away
johnny b. goode
wake up little susie
stuff like that
well I still do
but those guys who made all that stuff were experts at disguising the keys to baffle the imitators and would bes
ya find that out later but in the end it makes it all the more interesting.
I keep the pink sqier in permanent drop E but last night I got unglued and tuned down the old Ibanez.
I wanted to learn sand and foam for years and several times had a go at bar chords but it never sounded right so on a whim I got down there and all was revealed.
the beat, the rhythm the changes.
wow!
and then I saw the add on Telly for Peter Paul And Mary, Wednesday Nite, 8:30 one night only PrimeTV
so I jacked in some PPM to the media player and 500 miles is in c# which is d in the lower tuning and we all went away happy.
hehehehe
give Sand And Foam  another run through  and then tune up for my rough and rowdy ways by doc watson in ready for the next club day.


No comments:

now for something completely different...