Thursday, January 5, 2012

the duke wore jeans






ligger to the Duke of Edinburgh:
How was your flight sir?
Duke: have you ever been for a ride in an aeroplane?
Ligger: yes sir.
Duke: It was much like that.

hahahahahahahahaha.
About to go home and give Traffic a rip and tape it off.
for home consumption of course.
"Rainmaker" was big when we were hippies back in the day.
Wow?
 not much happening today.
all quiet.
nearly got run over in the main street but hey.
Thats what cars are for.
take em out.
scored a copy of  Faulkners "The Rievers" and patrick whites "Riders In the Chariot" yesterday so I have some reading.
and a cassette of Tanya Tucker with 'would you lay with me in a field of stone' and the great brothel song 'bed of roses"
I know cassettes aren't HIP but I dig em. acquiring a big collection which I only ever  play once when I get them home and then they go into the box!
I just look at them
I have a Slim Dusty tape which I am flogging to learn "When the rain tumbles down in July" from.
Charlie Jensen used to sing it all the time and now I really dig it.
?
hehehehehehehehehehe.
Barack Obama.
Hi Boss. Hope you get the Wellington Embassy to make a collection of the cuttings from the local rags on the Iowa caucuses and the rest of the campaign.
they are trying very hard here to make public opinion go for the gop but somehow one gets the feeling they are trying toooooo hard if you get my meaning.
and its not really any of our business.

No comments:

now for something completely different...