Wednesday, January 16, 2013

same train different time...

doing the dishes last night and listening to merle haggard singing sing me back home when I heard "the whine" of four T56's  and I looked out the window and there was an RNZAF Orion doing a pass over the town.
Cool!
Went back to the dishes and blow me down if they didnt do another pass right over my house and a nice sweeping turn to finish it off.
Brilliant.
So today I am looking for pix on the web and there are surprisingly few really good ones of the Orion. most of them are by amateurs and the rest have the "owners" imprimatur all over them.
harrumph.
The RNZAF should hire me to do some for them.
I cut my teeth doing action shots of Cessna 180's landing on country strips and once you sort out the 'line' of aircraft  it stays with you forever.
dreams are free.
a couple of pix   of Lockeed Hudsons.
The RNZAF were supplied with them during world war two.
I think the aircrew would have preferred Mitchells but they were subservient to British Lend Lease and had to take what they were given.
Still they made a mighty fist of it.
Been listening to quite a bit of Merle Haggard lately.
I always liked his Jimmie Rogers tribute album but at the moment I am into his songs of redemption.
Branded Man is a beauty and so is I Am A Lonesome Fugitive.
Merle did some time in San Quentin and it must have done something to his soul.
He didnt want to go back.
But its true.
They wont let you forget until you make enough money to tell them to kiss your arse.
hehehe.

No comments:

now for something completely different...