Friday, January 18, 2013

saturday morning funnies...

Henderson Field Guadalcanal
haw haw haw.
Lovely morning.
Cool and barmy but heating up now.
woke up early  to the whine of a continental horizontally opposed flat 6 overhead with the prop in fine pitch.
Then a Hercules with gear and flaps down.
I was about to go out when KImmie announced that the Pete Townshend interview was going to be run again.
I nipped out aNd got the paper and listened to pete and kim and then went out.
Great stuff. Pete has always taken his music seriously and I can understand why.
I have al th ebest ofs plus Who's Next and Live At leeds.
If you want to energise yourself or your party or the people next door then give live at leeds a rev.
It works every time.
And dont forget kiddies that if you want to get 'that' sound you have to learn the riffs off the Everly Brothers 'Wake Up Little Susie".
you cant learn it off a tab sheet.
you have to get the the tune and go over and over it till ya get it right.
then and only then can you  plug in the distorto!
Amazing how good these riffs sound either way.
I did my ususal routine and went to the  Baptist Church Market in Belvedere Road and had a coffee from the Cona machine. Very Nice.
Some lovely ladies with produce but I needed more money so I had to pretend I didnt want anything but I got some cheap beans.
very nice.
Then I went down town. Wall to wall cars going to the airshow. 

My New "Homespun Record and Tapes" catalogue arrived this morning.
Full of good stuff and I might get something I have been promising myself ages.
Got the chords to "Sand and Foam" off  Ultimate Guitar Tabs yesterday.
The record is one tone sharp and two guitars muddied in the mix but I will work it out today.
And.
The possibility that cannabis might be legalised has really got the carrot up their asses clique in a tizz.
They have been the moral arbiters for so long and now their teeth are falling out and the world is changing they cant handle it.
Its allright for them to drink wine and g&t's and look down their noses at the plebs but their day is just about gone and about time.
Their usefulness is done and their ability to enforce the kiss ass is over.
good riddance.

They are like the contestants on that ozzie quiz show who dont really know anything about anything except as previoulsy mentioned a new car.
Go in their homes and there are no books or pictures on the wall.
Just a Teevee set so they can sit there and gawp at the world and make opinions about every superficiality, gew gaw and gimcrack and siamese twins having sex and think thereby that they are intelligent..
Yeah Right.

No comments:

now for something completely different...