Tuesday, January 21, 2014

please please please please please......








lots of stuff today.
Major Lance and Joe Tex were two soul artists from the 60's. Remember them? When the the obscure, the idiosyncratic and  the offbeat got a chance and everybody had a good time.
and you REALLY had choices!
Nows its all Frantic bullshit with every mothersson and their dog making a viddddeo and waving at everbody while the hired guns play the solos. OH and girls who cant sing but want to flaunt their bodies.
yetcccccccch!
anyway that stuff is too depressing.
Caught a treasure trove yesterday. All sorts of stuff. 35 issues of Propliner and vinyl of the weavers and elvis 78's and you name it.
More stuffffffffff.
A friend gave me a copy of Berties "Human Knowledge" the other day. first edtion hardback with dustcover if you want to know. Nearly too scared to read it in case I scuff the cover but very good.
Reminds me of the lecturer I had at vic on the pre-socratics. He used to leer at me every time he said Thales or Empoedocles or Heraclitus or Anaximenes  flourished when he had a a whole lot of pussy sores on his head where his transplant didnt work. His re-flourishing didnt work.
I feel like I am re-writing Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance myself. I didnt want to drink with the faculty, because I dont drink so they played a whole lot of mean tricks on me. Well I am still working on truth and falsity while they are still cruising the kids for a cheap affaair. Thats bit harsh but they dont seem to know real people at all. They are all overgrown juveniles themselves and you cant win, at least not till you leave and get some experieince.


read the last chapter of Pirsigs book to find out how they getcha.
so watchout.
hmmmmmm
so there ya go.
Right I gotta go.
Need to find a special cd from out of town.

later: Just got back from Upper HUtt where I had to go to the Warehouse to get the copy of the Statler Brothers Greatest Hits when I should have got it last week. It was still there!!!!!!!!!
Hooray.
and a cheap copy 7$ of Rambo First Blood.
Top ten movie of all time.
Ran into someone I know there who told me that the Warehouse are always complaining in their shareholder meetings that they dont make enough from CD"s and DVD's. Well dont throw in the towel guys. Not yet. I have bought more good music and more good movies from you than anyone else so keep up the good work. And the Upper HUtt Warehouse is great.
Upper Hutt is great!
Like vibrant!!!!
hehehehehe.

No comments:

now for something completely different...