Saturday, July 21, 2012

the real bernstein...

Elmer Berstein

the real george shuffler




BOOT HILL

Shelly Duvall


Hello Folks.
Cloudy in the west and it looks like rain.
Haven't heard a forecast all day but it doesn't look promising and it has really cooled off.
LIke real cool man!!!!!
hahahahaha.
I'm siting here listening to my 3cd Portugese pressing of the Stanley Bothers and the Clinch Mountain Boys.
I dont know all that much about their history and personnel but I always have liked the picture of one of their guitarists called George Shuffler.Why wan't my family name Shuffler?
I wanna know.
At least they could have called me Lalo after Lalo Schifrin!
George looks like one cool dude and a look at all his snaps on gloogle images show him to be a nice guy.
anyway I'm on an Elmer Bernstein kick at the mo'.
Another cool dude. 
good day on the wireless this morning.
The regulars must be on holiday and the stand ins are just breaking up the stale formulas.
yep.
Good stuff with a nifty satire and a cool interview with the new Bishop of  Wellington.
I have met a few christians in my day but he sounds like the real deal and he has Jesus in his heart and life.
I like those people.
I come from a warrior caste and prefer to fight but I do recognise those who have the light of the lord inside them.
good luck dude and I think you will be good for the City and the country.
Yesterday I went to town and town came here.
DOH!
But I did get a really good double Woody Guthrie CD with exceptional timbre and anifty full size poster to go with it.
all for $4.98
thank you Stephen Tindall.
and I cut the article and piccie of Woody out of yesterdays Dompost to go in the sleeve too.
Talking of the Dompost that Graham tuckett the film and tv guy is a dimwit.
Isn't he.
I dont give a stuff about Batman but I do give a stuff about being told how I should think about a movie by the use of lazy, shallow, paltry, interrogatives in the text.
Who is he trying to suck up to these days by using at least one interrogative per item?
It seems as if the Dompost doesn't have a style book any longer and the subs or the editor dont care anymore, do they?
And tom scott got it wrong in his cartoon about firearms and cannabis.
If he had listened to the Officer in charge he would have heard that the operation was aimed at commercial growers.
You know.
the guys with the guns.
Yer average weedhead doesn't walk round wif a piece in case they get sprung.
Does she?
Last but not least.
Have been thinking a lot about the boy who died with anorexia featured last week on 9-noon.
A good pschoanalyst would have made a proper diagnosis and maybe even have offered a cure.
And when I say a GOOD psychoanalyst I mean a GOOD one.
After the weasel Karl Popper spent time in New Zealand and told everybody that logically psychoanalysis was invalid then the whole profession gave up and relapsed into authoritarian-behaviourism and the country psychological services have been going down hill ever since.



No comments:

now for something completely different...