Monday, June 6, 2011








newsflash. just picked up a history of country music from the Family Shop on the way here. it was cheap.
At the moment I am adding two Doc Watson songs to my repertoire. Rough and Rowdy Ways and A Roving On A Winters Night. neither of them are geofrey walker progressions and are quite tricky but I got them down last night. Now to learn the words... My bones are really sore and I seem to get trigger points after every playing session now so I have to actually ration my time. Getting on is bloody awful. Not to worry. the melody lines just flow into my mind these days and I can play all the single string stuff without even thinking about it. Last night I jammed along to Joan Baez's country album and never lost a beat. Things are improving!
okay, I gotta go now.
the faster you go the rounder you get.

No comments:

now for something completely different...