Sunday, December 18, 2011

the real thing








heard Russel Morris' The Real Thing on the radio the other day.
great aussie rock.
they dont make 'em like that any more.
hope you like the piccies.
been going through a fifity yeat pictorial history of MGM.
memories are made of this!
try the Dave Edmunds album if you can find it.
It has just the most wonderful version of Elvis costello's  "Girls Talk".
a song I first heard coming out of the 'Hubcap Cafe' in Karangahape Road.
I wonder if it is stil there.
The hubcap cafe?
It had the mightiest jukebox ever.
never went to the backroom though.
urpppppppppppp.
Had to laugh at Kathryn Ryan on RNZ this morning; "people dont like regulation so we wont have any".
yeah right.
We the civil society now and we ALL know how to regulate ourselves.
yeah right.
went to town this morning and played some songs.
learned all the good old songs that I sang as a child.
Silent Night.
Away in a Manger.
Jesus Loves Me.
they are really good to sing and people like them.
messages of hope even if you aren't a christian.
I begin to understand now haow they have sustained me all through my life and how much they mean.
My knee started giving me gyp so I had to split.
I wacked it in the snowstorm of 91.
the quack gave me exercises to keep the muscle strong around the torn tendon but inevitably I forget to do them and then aaaaaaaaaaargh.
not to worry.
life is good and the human spirit fullof confidence and optimism whatever the conditions.
Dave Letterman
the Late show.
Last Friday some good shots of Felicia playing a lake placid blue Strat.
Yum Yum. that girl is hot.
My friend just got back from aboad last week.
five fabulous weeks in the mysterious orient.
the first person who spoke to her on arrival was a smoking nazi who told her to put out her cigarette.
Hey we know whats good for you.
ya get that.

No comments:

now for something completely different...