Monday, October 22, 2012

Prime TV and Quercus Robur

Poking around in my hedge where the blackbird is building a nest and noticed that the acorns I liberally spread around the place have germinated and are going for it!
Hope the idiot with the ride on mower doesn't think that he is a real gardener and start spraying again any time soon.
He should get a hoe and learn how to use it!
anyway Prime TV is showing a programme on Friday night of the what the battlefields from WW1 llok like now.
I remember years ago when I was a boy reading (Readers Digest)about a French chap who ran sheep on some of them and  who had the brilliant idea of sowing acorns on them to heal the wounds.
Try as I might I never heard any more and I wonder if his forests came to pass?
Does anybody out there know?

No comments:

now for something completely different...