Wednesday, August 28, 2013

one toke over the line...

hoping that the train that the train is on time...
here are some piccies for the kiddies.
just got back from town.
cold and damp.
not fun.
Tony B was on it.
The bus that is.
He began his life as an apprentice in the Raleigh Factory in Nottingham just after WW11.
He is irrepressible with a fund of great stories.
Saturday night and Sunday Morning stuff minus the louche stuff but better.
SOME body from RNZ or one of those types needs to get round to his place with a tape recorder and take it all down before his oral history vanishes.
Or isn't this sort of stuff HIP enough?

Waiting for the bus and I said how ya doin to a guy who used to live down the street.
Not good said he.My wife has Alzheimer's, she has had a fall and broken her hip and now she has to have a leg off.
The poor chap was in tears but I commiserated AND HE CHEERED UP A BIT.
Life is cruel when you get old.

B has sold her bookshop to the wisest fool in Masterton.
I wont be going back there.
I offered him a deal but he just came to my house and inspected it and went through everything like he was discounting my life and then said he didn't want anything.
Creep
You only get one chance at the deal.

No comments:

now for something completely different...