Monday, July 14, 2014

you're only pretty as you feel...







Bill Bridgeman



good day this morning.
went to town and found a Jefferson Airplane compilation with "You're Only Pretty As You Feel" on it and a cheapo double of Blind Willie McTell.
and in the dvd cheapo bin got Robin And the Seven Hoods and Predator definitive edition, $10 for two deal.
wahoo.
All at the Warehouse.
Thanks guys.
I just cant say how much wonderful music I have bought  at your store!!!!!

 Then uptown one of the local bookhounds was having a short sale in a local shop and I found a vintage copy of The Lonely Sky by Bill Bridgeman, the Douglas Aircraft company's cheif test pilot who flew the United States Navy equivalent of the Bell X1, the Douglas Skyrocket.
This is one of the most beautiful aeroplanes ever built in my opinion. Lovely lines and it handled like a dream.
I had a paperback copy of this book when I was a boy and it was a real gas finding a hard cover edition with the dust cover on and still looking good.
Bridgeman was the Navy equivalent of Chuck Yeager. and uneducated farm boy who got tired flying scheduled services and  managed to get a gig production testing A4d Skyraiders and then got picked to test the Skyrocket after he taught himself mathematics and engineering (with a little help of course) .
Stories like his and Chuck Yeagers dont happen anymore.
Its all in the CV.
Blah.....

Then I went to Telecom and topped up my data and I got a new plan two months ago and it is really good.
Over half of it unused but it is better than running out and tonight I can have a bit of a surf and use a few bytes.
crunchhhh.

The Late Show with David Letterman
last night was an interview with Michael Douglas.
The audience really liked him and showed genuine appreciation.
pretty cool.
thanks Dave.



No comments:

now for something completely different...