Tuesday, June 18, 2013

when we were young...

Listening to Treemonisha.
for the first time ever.
bought the cd's from the chuckout pile at the library?
cool.
some critics say its flawed but it sounds ok to me.
Gunther Schuller conducting.
When he [Schuller] last came to NZ he was treated very poorly.
He might have been over the hill but he wrote some fabulous books on Jazz and he should have  been given more air time and feted.
Instead the they, whoever the f*ck they are tried to do a job on him and we are all the worse off for that.
Today I heard about American folksinger Dayle Stanley for the first time.
very obscure so here is a piccy and I hope to get some of her music soon.
just got a new pc with a new system and it will take a bit of getting used to.
Very fidgety for a hamfist.
feels like it will get broken every time I touch it?
just feels so delicate.
all the bells and whistles but I am give a shout type of guy without any need for doodads.
makes me cross when I get out of the comfort zones.
resistant to change!
must do something about that.
Dave Letterman was great yesterday.
top ten from the United States Army.
238th birthday
the good guys.
Omar Bradley is my favourite general.
yep.
Harry Connick jnr was too much. I don't usually like that type of jazz but despite my best effrts I couldn't stop my foot from tapping and getting into the swing.
He is an upright person too.
Prime showed the full credits last night.
What a blast.
Every time Felicia sings let me stand next to your fire I wish it wuz me!
Global Wind Day is when?
Warriors going gangbusters.
Black Caps.
Bad luck guys.
just keep doing it!
Maori TV
pleeze re-run the forgotten musicians series.
the one on Ricky May was a beauty but it was a very inconvenient time so another  go would be cool.
okay I gotta go and digest this new experience.

No comments:

now for something completely different...