Thursday, June 27, 2013

yankee doodle went to town... aleatory adventures in music.

went to town again today.
needed some more reading material.
the guy at the desk tells me that the Masterton District Council has just reviewed the out of town borrowers fee and raised it over 100%.
That is just mean and hard nosed you folks.
and;
Disappointed to see a vox populi in Japan where one man said that if we eat cows then its ok to eat whales but he seemed to miss the point that there are plenty of cows in captivity but whales are wild animals and capable of being hunted to extinction.
That is not right and being old and pretending to be wise is no substitute for the facts.
Using the previous argument then maybe its ok to eat people too?




Still watching Ken Burns film of the American Civil war. Nasty stuff.
I don't seem to be able to hack the blood and guts anymore
Mans inhumanity to man is just too frightful.






Still I have re-awakened my interest in Wyeth, that grandest of artists.
It is incomprehensible seeing beauty and ugliness existing side by side.
The horror.
The horror.
anyway; I heard Bic Runga on the wireless this morning. First time I was actually aware of her music. She used to get really good reviews in Guitar Player and I see why now.
Make that I hear why now.
tee hee.

Funny thing about watching the films on the civil war is I find myself whistling all those nifty folk tunes.
The ones I used to hear when I was a five year old at school from the classroom two doors down.
I never got that teacher and I guess I'll never know whether they just liked the music or whether they were promoting the cause of civil rights.
Its great stuff though and I am starting to get better at the harp. My breathing is getting better and when I get some more chops going to try to cross harp it.
Cant wait.

No comments:

now for something completely different...