Tuesday, October 6, 2015

fiddle player exclusive...




Linda Lou my Linda Lou cant you hear me calling you.
Nice Geoffrey Walker progression.
Has the most exquisite fiddle solo on it that you can execute at tempo once you can see how its done.
Its in the key of G can you can cross harp harp it in C and get another range of tones closely approximating the violin but different if you know what I mean.

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You is on the Marty Robbins disc in the key of E.
NO violins but a really fantastic accompaniment from a lush pedal steel playing the melody and comping the arpeggios.

Silver  Threads and Golden Needles on Lindas mighty 'best of' has too much solo by the great Gib Guilbeau. The melody starts on the fifth but Gib delivers n the tonic!
watch it!



Shropshire Lassie.
I've done in the lateral head of my triceps and it is going to take a couple of months to rehab it.
Maybe I come and busk at Christmas.

No comments:

now for something completely different...