Sunday, February 19, 2012

cars hiss by my window

the negros in the forest,
brightly feathered,
and they're saying,
"forget the night! live with us in forests of AZURE,
out here on the perimeter there are no stars,
Out here we is stoned-----immaculate"

later...
just finished watching prime rocks riders on the storm.
*****
what more can one say.
Jim was the poet and the guys made the music and it all came together in a wonderful cocatenation of rythm and soul.
wonderful to see manzarek and densmore and kreiger all still alive and with vigour.
it was a time that is vanishing now.
disappearing into the mists of the forgotten.
I sat here flipping through the pages of Chopper, a verbal history of huey pilots and others in the south east asian war.
it all fuses into an era and that is that.
no rights no wrongs. just men fighting and loving and trying to make sense of their experience.
and Jim said it all so clean.
when I was learning the bass our guitar player showed me the riff to riders on the storm and I never forgot it.
I played it all this afternoon and the rest of the song.
It has been on my mind for over two months now so I guess I could feel something about to happen and I give my gratefull thanks to prime for bringin it on.
It came to life watching the boys doing it.
Must pray tonight for al the fallen heroes.

No comments:

now for something completely different...