Monday, February 6, 2012

I'll Fly Away


I love ya Willie. Cookie used to try and get me to listen to Red Headed Stranger when it first came out but somehow it never connected. Then one day on a whim in the Wellington Public Library I borrowed Me And Paul and that was all she wrote. Hooked after the first bar. That is the sort of thing that cannot be explained by any rational calculation. I learned all the songs immediately and then spent years filling in all the fills and trying to play like Grady. I went through your whole catalogue then looking for stuff. At that time my fingers were like stumps they just wouldn't move but gradually they limbered up and a reasonable facsimile emerged.


I am never going to win the flatpicking champs or be Mr flash but that don't matter Willie. I flail along and thats enough for me. I just wish I could be as hip as Andy Warhol and get my piccy taken with you and Waylon but its nearly all over and the good days are gone. Nobody has any idea any more. They, whoever they are, don't even know what they want anymore. All they want is more and it ain't never enough.

And some sweet morning when this life is o'er, I'll fly away.

See ya bro.







Heard Nat King cole doing this on Saturday night while I had the ole guitar in My hand and to my suprise itwas a standard progresssion in the key of A and it was easy with no 'weird' chords. i.e. sonically ambiguous.
try it yourself.
loads of fun. yipppeeeee.....
David Letterman.
Watching the late show. the one with woody harrelson advrtising Ramparts.
And Felicia is still the best singer in the whole wide world!!!!!

and another one for the opposition to the sale of crafar farms.
In june 2005 China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) a subsidieary of chinas 3rd largest (?) oil comapny offered $18,500,000,000 (cash) to buy Unocal. this topped a $16.500,000,000 bid by chevron and chevron cried foul.By august political opposition had risen to such a fever pitch that CNOOC withdrew its bid.
none of the vocal opposition here even mentioned that event.

No comments:

now for something completely different...