Saturday, October 29, 2011

the election

it is an axiom of philospophy that one more thing can be said about anything and that is true enough.
However I feel today that I dont want to say anything.
that I have said all that I have to say or need to say or want to say.
Over the last month I have read Europe Divided by J.H. Elliott about the religious wars in europe of the 16th century and just finished clive irvings history of Persia ancient to modern. contrary to Edward Saids claim this history has been written by one who wasn't one.
the upshot is that whatever happened in the past the world has turned into an ugly shithole where nobody is really in control of events, nobody cares about the future and irrationalism is still the norm.
I look at Isfahan, once a beautiful oasis and now just another dreary manufacturing centre where anything that once was beautiful has now been crushed by the exigencies of creating unnecessary goods to baffle and temporarily sate the clamour of the masses.
Beauty has gone.
Ugly is all.



Accountants rule.

No comments:

now for something completely different...