Monday, October 3, 2011

Europe Divided 1556-1598









Reading "Europe Divided" at the moment. History is great. Its all about comparisons and contrasts.
did it really happen like that uncle freddy?
yes it did kiddies.
but it wont happen like that again!
Its good for my brain. I have my Oxford dictionary of philosophy out and re-reading all the stuff I didn't quite seem to grasp way back then.
It's all becoming crystal clear.
I don't think I really quite understood what was being asked of me as a 50 yr old undergraduate.
the only reason I was there was because I had been written off by them and a pal in the university library suggested I do a course or two.
so I did.
I still don't have a job and my loan is over $60,000 but THEY don't seem to care.
Rot in hell is their motto.
anyway now I am almost nearly a certified man of leisure I have the time to reflect on my era.
some of it good and some of it horrible.
The best was Mike Bloomfield and the worst well its still yet to come.
think ozone layers and environmental degradation to provide luxuries for idiots and more mouths to promise stuff to if they just vote for you.
ugly dude.
and it ain't over.
Waiting for the afternoon re-runs of the Late Show.
Only got a fourteen incha wif rabbit ears so Dave if you are listening how about a mystery parcel?
The reception aint too good in a southwesterly.
OK?

No comments:

now for something completely different...